- Oversees the book fair by organizing volunteers, decorating library, coordinating with Scholastic and the librarian, and keeping track of book fair income. Also promotes any other reading related activities.
Box Top Collection
- Communicate and encourage participation in Box Top Collection program.
- Develop classroom competition to reward Box Top collection.
- Organize Box Top collection and send off process.
- Updates the PTA bulletin board, website and social media page.
- Researches and coordinates performing arts programs for our school.
- Organizes events for Sanford families to connect with other families in a social setting after school hours.
- We can always use an extra hand in set up / tear down, food & drink donations and creative ideas!
Teacher Appreciation Chair
- Plans ways to express appreciation to the teachers and staff by providing small gifts throughout the year. Coordinates Teacher Appreciation week.
- Sweet Treats Baker – volunteer to assist teacher appreciation chair with baking for teachers and staff on their birthdays and other special occasions!
National PTA Reflections
- Coordinates the National PTA Reflections program in our school, distributing registration forms, promoting the program and annual theme, finding judges to select projects that go on to the District for further competition. Organizing recognition for the participants.
- Designs and orders all spirit gear sold by PTA.
- Markets and sells the merchandise.
- Researches and coordinates daytime student education programs with our school counselor.
Volunteer Coordinator Chair
- Implementing best practices for recruiting new volunteers. Assist new volunteers in becoming familiar with the school policies and staff. Supervising and evaluating the ongoing volunteer program.
- Markets the National Watch Dads of Great Students Program at Sanford Elementary by holding a kick off event at the beginning of the year and a mid year event.
- Serves as the contact person for the school counselor and the PTA in Watch D.O.G.S. matters.